The Office of General Counsel (OGC) protects the legal interests of the Smithsonian Institution. OGC?attorneys?provide legal advice and counsel to the Board of Regents, Secretary, and other Smithsonian staff on various issues including: the legal nature and administration of the Institution, intellectual property, employment, collections management, contracts, ethics, tax, tort claims, etc.
The OGC represents the Smithsonian in litigation and other adversarial proceedings to which the Institution is a party and before federal, state, and local government entities on administrative matters; issues final determinations on administrative tort and personal property claims against the Smithsonian; and generally monitors developments in the law for application to Smithsonian programs. The Smithsonian Institution is represented in litigation by the Department of Justice and the Offices of the United States Attorney.
- Judith Leonard, General Counsel
- Mired Asfour, Assistant General Counsel
- Katherine Bartell, Associate General Counsel
- Meghan Delaney Berroya, Associate?General Counsel
- Craig M. Blackwell, Associate General Counsel
- Sofia Castillo, Assistant General Counsel
- Claire C. Dean, Assistant General Counsel
- Farleigh Earhart, Associate General Counsel
- Danielle Fisher, Associate?General Counsel
- Mia Haessly, Assistant General Counsel
- Dave Larson, Assistant General Counsel
- Anne Nelson, Assistant General Counsel
- Jessica Sanet, Associate?General Counsel
- Melissa Wright, Assistant General Counsel
Street Address:?1000 Jefferson Dr. SW, Room 302, MRC 012, Washington, DC 20560
Mailing Address:?P.O. Box 37012, MRC 012, Washington, DC 20013-7012?